The British Virgin Islands is one of the most desirable places in the Caribbean to work and invest. The twin economic pillars of tourism and international financial services contribute more than 70% of GDP. There is also some limited light industry, agriculture and fishing. Estimates for 2006 report GDP per capita at $38,975.
The BVI offers:
- Leading international corporate domicile
- Competitive administration costs
- Tax exemption for International business companies
- No capital gains, gift or wealth taxes and no death duties
- No exchange controls
- An established trust law
- Good communication worldwide
- Minimum of bureaucracy and red tape.